6/22/09

All in all, it was a great Father's Day at the cablin. Although it was supposed to be just a bbq & plan day, of course, it turned into projects.... we got the second storey floor nailed down--me, Alysa, Jared, & Mom made lots of noise with the hammers. I think we bent over as many nails as we got hammered in, but the floor will stay in place nontheless (we'll definately have to lay carpet or something...).

The new outhouse looks great; and Dad & Ted & Gramps got it all sealed up...I think we should stain it to match the cabin, but the discussion is still open...suggestions have included painting in a nice red (Mom), bubblegum pink (Alysa), & covering it in corrigated steel (me). Although, maybe just a steel roof would do the trick....

We also (when I say we, I'm referring to Dad, Gramps, & Ted) got the door on the upper storey; there were a few tense moments when Gramps was in the tractor bucket, but it all came together & looks great.

We had a nice lunch just before the rain hit, & all proceeded to run for the vehicles & head back into town around 5:00.

Amber





No comments: